Thursday, November 19, 2015

History in the Making! 50 states, 50 books, 50 days!

Today marks the beginning of the American Mail-Order Bride series. The brain-child of Kirsten Osbourne, best known for her Brides of Beckham Series. Here's Kirsten's story of how it all got started:

I have to start with how the project came about. I was chatting on Facebook with a relatively new writer, Cindy Caldwell, back in May. In fact, she was working on writing her first mail-order bride romance. Something she said triggered an idea in my brain. I've been telling her she threw the idea into my head for six months now! Not sure why she puts up with me...
Well, she agreed to take a leadership role in the whole process, and we conscripted poor Ashley Merrick. (She's probably still wondering how she got roped into this!) Without the two of them, this project never would have happened. I'm so glad they were at my side throughout! It never would have happened, especially this quickly, without the two of them.
Anyway, the idea was to have a project on a bigger scale than I've seen done before. Maybe take a bunch (oh, 45) of authors and invite them to write connected stories. Like, fifty connected books. So we thought about how we could do it. Poor girl was stuck helping me on the project from that day forward.
We came up with the idea of having fifty mail-order bride romances, one for each state of the Union. We weren't sure if we could get enough authors, but that part was easy! Now I know you are wondering why we think 45=50. I promise it's not common core math. We're above that. We had five authors each take two states. Which is how 45=50 in our eyes. We call it Pioneer Hearts Math!
All of the books will be released a day apart, starting November 19th, 2015. They will go through January 7th, 2016. We'll be releasing them in the order the states joined the Union, starting with Kit Morgan writing about Delaware, and going all the way through Janelle Daniels writing about Hawaii. The stories take place in 1890-1891. They all have a common theme, which starts in a little garment factory in Lawrence, Massachusetts, in September of 1890.
Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/AmericanMailOrderBrides/
We have a website with the prequel and all of the covers. Anyone interested in seeing the covers? Reading the prequel?
http://www.newwesternromance.com/


Can you believe it? 50 states, 50 books, 50 days! And I got the honor of writing the first in the series to kick things off! And what an honor it was to work with such wonderful authors! So here we go, folks! Start with Lottie which can be found on amazon then enjoy a book a day for the next fifty days! Each day I'll be posting the book of the day, so be watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment